Our 30th Anniversary Celebration Year
On August 2, 2017, Ronald McDonald House Charities® Northern Nevada reached a milestone of service: 30 years of keeping families close during their times of need. At that point, the charity had:
- hosted more than 7,870 families for 58,452 nights in the Reno Ronald McDonald House.
- provided comfort to families during more than 19,176 visits to the Ronald McDonald Family Room.
- given more than 106,489 free appointments to Nevada’s children through the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile.
- awarded more than $1.26 million to 727 northern Nevada students in scholarship dollars through the RMHC Northern Nevada Scholarship Program. In 2016, 64 percent of first-year recipients were the first in their family to attend secondary education.
- provided 139 families with the resources to take 822 trips to their child’s out-of-area treatment through Travel-for-Treatment.
We’ve always known we can’t make medicine taste better nor can we take the sting out of treatments. But for 30 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities® Northern Nevada, and its multiple partners have managed to reduce stress for families in northern Nevada and northern California who are dealing with a shift in their world.
To commemorate the significance of reaching this “pearl” anniversary, we invited the community to participate in a variety of scheduled events and observations throughout our 30th Anniversary Celebration Year.