Join Our 30th Anniversary Celebration Year
On August 2, 2017, Ronald McDonald House Charities® Northern Nevada will reach a milestone of service: 30 years of keeping families close during their times of need. Since opening our doors in 1987, this charity has:
- hosted more than 7,870 families for 58,452 nights in the Reno Ronald McDonald House®.
- provided comfort to families during more than 19,176 visits to the Ronald McDonald Family Room®.
- given more than 106,489 free appointments to Nevada’s children through the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile®.
- awarded more than $1.26 million to 727 northern Nevada students in scholarship dollars through the RMHC® U.S. Scholarship Program. In 2016, 64 percent of first-year recipients were the first in their family to attend secondary education.
- provided 139 families with the resources to take 822 trips to their child’s out-of-area treatment through Travel-for-Treatment.
We’ve always known we can’t make medicine taste better nor can we take the sting out of treatments. But for 30 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities® Northern Nevada, and its multiple partners have managed to reduce stress for families in northern Nevada and northern California who are dealing with a shift in their world.
To commemorate the significance of reaching this “pearl” anniversary, we invite the community to participate in a variety of scheduled events and observations throughout our 30th Anniversary Celebration Year. Learn how you can help us obtain some specific goals set forth for 2017 and visit our events page to learn about the events that will help us commemorate this milestone in fine fashion. If your company is interested in sponsoring our 30th Anniversary Celebration Year, download the sponsor packet.