What is the Red Shoe Society?
The Red Shoe Society (RSS) is a group of like-minded, young philanthropists (21 years +) committed to supporting Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Northern Nevada through fundraising, volunteering, and networking. RSS members share a collective goal to spread awareness of RMHC and make a difference in the lives of families with sick or injured children.
We’d love to share more about what we do with you! Becoming a member is easy and all of our events are open to everyone, members and non-members.
Becoming a Member
As a member of Red Shoe Society (RSS), you have the opportunity to make an incredibly positive impact in the lives of families depending upon the Ronald McDonald House®, surrounded by Northern Nevada’s most passionate young professionals. The RSS kindly asks for your participation in volunteering and fundraising to help support the families of RMHC. An in-kind or cash donation of $10 per month, which pays for the suggested donation of a family’s one-night stay at RMHC®, is always welcomed. Within the first minute of your membership, you are supporting families!
Opportunities for Members
- Learn how RMHC enriches the quality of life for children and their families
- Gain experience in nonprofit program development, event coordination, marketing, and fundraising through our RSS committees.
- Network with like-minded young professionals, community leaders, and the RMHC Board of Directors
- Ability to serve in a leadership capacity on the RSS Board via annual election
- Volunteer in ways that directly impact families in crisis
We hope you’ll consider joining the Red Shoe Society. To learn more or if you have any questions about membership or committees and involvement, please contact our Red Shoe Society Committee Chair, Taylor Ruepp, at email@example.com.